Saturday, June 7, 2014

Let's start

I'm after first class (out of two) from the workshop with Miguel. And as you noticed from the photos I uploaded earlier - also after a show. I won't tell about both now. Some will wait for tomorrow. It takes me to write all longer time than it's probably looks like. And I didn't sleep much normally last days. 

I came to the workshop right after lunch at my parents house. I came to them with my bags of flamenco and after the lunch - my dad gave me a ride to the studio. The workshop of advanced was before and Miguel got half an hour brake between classes. I still wanted to come early because of people I know for sure and people I may know at the advanced, and of course - if it could give me some time to talk with Miguel... The advanced received few more minutes. Miguel didn't notice when I got in. I got up to the balcony. Shiran was already there waiting for our level of workshop. She claimed that she could do the advanced. I like her a lot, but does she really can? The class of advanced has finished. I made a try to talk with Miguel. but it was more "hello" and he was busy with an old couple who came. Shiran and me took Idit for a talk. For a moment Miguel had a time to talk with three of us together. Shiran said to Idit that she could do it. Idit said that no. Miguel made it slower. At the original version they needed to do it in a crazy speed and none of them made it. And a lot of information at a little time. I went to change. Idit went away. A woman who I know a bit through workshops remembered me. I told her that we were in few workshops together. No, she remember at this studio with Miguel. She even remember where I stood. Oh my, did I make THAT impression at this time? Cause I remember that at the end of that time another one who I didn't notice she's there told me how much she noticed me.... Miguel got a little time. I showed him a photo I took a night before at my street. He liked it and showed to Shiran as well. He checked at my hand watch what's the time. By that he wanted to start the class.

Fine, time to start. Mijal didn't let him. She told us it's Miguel Angel. No...! He made a funny bow down like to a king. And she checked out who's there by her list. It looked like full, but two or three girls who signed up didn't come. Fine, let's go on. He started to show few steps and stopped. Oh, by the way - it's a farruca! He showed us by moves how it's been done (like men). Go one with a full letra, try it a bit with music, go on with a llamada... I was at his intention, so he noticed every little mistake. From time to time he fixed other girls as well. One of the men from Mijal's company came. Miguel knows him (hey, they performed together more than once). Miguel asked him what happened. No answer. This man changed his shoes and joined class. 

Fine, let's try in two groups. I decided to take a part in the first group. It didn't went bad for a new dance. Second group. I told Shiran about a girl who I know from the studio and came to this workshop as well, but unlike us she joined the second group. Fine, let's do all the farruca from the start - all of us. Didn't take too long till I thought: OK, I can do it. The heat, the hour (afternoon at Friday), new information, the mosquitos probably drink my brain too... I made something without any connection to anything. Miguel noticed it and scold me. I laughed. No, it wan't funny, but... After a while I made a try to go on. The part we learned finished. Miguel stopped the music. He came to me and scold me again. He asked me in Hebrew what's going on. If we were alone I could answer it. 

Going on. Few more steps. At least the going on came with smaller mistakes. Changing lines. Someone I know through Neta's studio and I met again at workshops of Adi Akiva showed me a place I could take, just a moment after the man from Mijal's company almost ran over me, a moment before we went on. It was a good surprise after things we had at other workshops. With going on while I'm behind - Miguel still made a try to pay attention to me. 

Two groups again. I came to be at the first group again. No one was hurry to join me. Miguel said something. I thought at the first moment that he want me to wait. Not really. Then he made a joke - will be a first group, a second group, I will be the third group. I made him a dace of "really?". He laughed. Some joined a moment after. Most did. And go on with the farruca, all of us. And how long do we have? 10 more minutes. My hand watch still on winter time. Miguel was joking that we have 10 more minutes, but at my clock we have another hour. Few went away, including the old couple. Mijal offered that we'll do it in two groups for it will be possible to take videos. Shiran and me went up - she for taking her phone, I went to take my camera again. I was at the second group this time. I have two videos. Once I took a videos of others, Mijal took a video for another girl. Second video - I was dancing and Mijal accepted to take  a video for me. But it isn't the end. Will be another class. 

And a bit more. The man from Mijal's company took his shoes off and sat down. Miguel let us hear a rumba and we danced a bit more. Not a real dance, just few markajes for fun. 

End of class. Because of a line to the loo, because the men came to a place which is hard to see the balcony - I changed there.  I went down. I was talking a bit with Miguel. He was hurry and the man from Mijal's company took him a ride. Accept me - at the studio only Mijal, her daughter and another girl who I still don't know. I asked not to lock the studio, I just use the loo. I didn't need to do it in stress. I had my time for that and taking my stuff. On the way out I stopped to say goodbye. Mijal asked me if I'm coming to the show tonight. Of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment